A steam mop is a very useful cleaning device to have at home especially if you have a very big house to keep clean. If you don’t have steam cleaners yet you might be wondering what they are and how they work.
How Does a Steam Mop Work
The mop uses steam that will then moisturize the attached microfiber pad. When the pads are dampened with the steam produced, it will loosen and remove the stains and dirt on the floor. Compared to the traditional mops, steam mops will not leave marks on the floor, and it can clean through any dirt. While using steam mops, the heat and the temperature of the steam will result to kill the bacteria and germs on the surfaces up to 99 percent leaving the surface clean and hygienic.
How to Use Steam Mop More Effectively
There are several kinds of steam mops, and they have distinct features. So after unboxing the product, you should read the manual in order to know how to set up your new steam mop.
- Place water in the water tank and attach the microfiber pad. Then allow the temperature to rise for a few minutes, allowing the liquid water to become steam. Always take safety precautions in order to avoid injury or burns from the steam
- Before using the steam mop make sure to vacuum the surface debris and to clear everything on the floor.
- After setting it up, it will then be ready to clean any surfaces such as tiles, granite, marble, vinyl, etc. You can also use the steam mop to clean laminated floors, but you must take a little caution because the heat might ruin the covers on the floor.
- While cleaning, you just have to move the mop along the floor.
- From time to time, maybe at least every five minutes, you should check the microfiber pads. Depending on how dirty your floor is, you should change the pads.
- After using the mop, you should rinse and wash it and the microfiber pads.
Steam Mop Vs. Traditional Mop
Steam mopping and traditional mopping both have advantages and disadvantages. After comparing, in the end, it will still depend on the preference of the user as to which to choose. Either way, both have the same function, to clean the floor. Some even use both methods depending on how they will use it.
Disadvantages and Advantages of Using Traditional Mop
- A practical tool and very simple
- You will use physical energy. It requires hard work.
- It has a high capacity to absorb.
- It requires water, detergent, and a bucket.
- It will be time-consuming. Especially when mopping and wringing out the water.
- Though it can remove dirt, it can’t kill bacteria.
Disadvantages and Advantages of Using Steam Mop
- Hassle free and less time-consuming.
- It uses electric energy.
- It can get rid of germs and bacteria.
- Eco-friendly and safe.
- You don’t have to use harmful detergents or other cleaning agents.
- Drying time is faster compared to the traditional mop because it uses steam instead of the water.