Mold is well known to be a dangerous and harmful to your health. How do people typically fight the mold and mildew in their homes? How do you know that the mold is there?
The first signs of mold aren’t always visual. Mold likes to fester in the dark, damp areas of your home. Sometimes, the infestation of mold and mildew spores will make its way into the walls of your home. It can be tough to remove the fungus from inside your walls. If this is the case how do you check if the mold is there?
Typically you will be able to smell mold or mildew. The odor is a strong, musky, damp smell that is hard to miss. If the mold problem you have is noticeable by smell, then you have to think about all the poisonous spores and pollutants in the air.
An air purifier can be a good temporary solution. The air filter in your purifier will remove most of the allergens and toxins from the air you breathe. You should not use this as an overall fix for the mold in your home. If you have a mold issue, you will need to reach out to a Mold Remediation Pros Atlanta business, in order to prevent further damage to your health.
Bronchitis and other inhalation illnesses and infections can be caused by the overexposure to these fungal microbes. These spores can cause depression and in higher concentrations, nervous-system damage.
For growing children, mold exposure can be critically damaging to their development. Kids are already trying to grow and develop. The fungus that enters their system can cause physical and mental developmental issues.
Like we mentioned depression could be caused by the fungus spores being introduced to the child’s body. You don’t want your child feeling hurt in any way, and this can cause them that pain. Asthma and other breathing issues can also grow increasingly worse over a short period of time. That is why it is vitally important that you get the mold removed as soon as possible.
Eventually, if you still are having issues with getting your mold situation under control, you will need to look into some better alternatives.
For smaller cases of mold, you can use some home remedies to clean it up. Most people recommend bleach since the chemicals have the ability to kill almost any bacteria.
There are more natural options to use, like tee tree oil. Some people will swear by the use of vinegar or a mixture of vinegar and borax to get rid of mold. If you like the idea of using hydrogen peroxide, this can be an effective cleaning agent for your fungus problem.
Mold remediation services can be expensive to hire. Depending on how severe the level of mold in your home is these companies can charge you an arm and a leg. If you feel like your fungus problem is getting worse, you shouldn’t wait until it’s out of control. In the most serious cases of fungus or mold growth, your house can be deemed beyond repair. At that point, your home could be condemned, and if you don’t have insurance, you will be left with nowhere to go. It’s better to be safe than sorry.